Monday, September 29, 2008

A whole new line of soaps!

I have been for a long time now, wanting to break completely away from Fragrance oils in soaps. I have been wanting to build a clientele and do my original dream, make nothing but real handmade 100% all natural soaps! So about a month ago, I started talking to some of my soap buddies in 'the soap makers forum' and after a few hints and some new inspirations I started to wind my products down to, mostly soaps and candles. That is when the real inspirations started to surface, I started looking in the freezer section at the store, looking at my neighbors gardens like I was some new wildly crazed person. All in all it paid off, I started to come up with some new ideas and focusing on strictly soaps and candles, well, that just REALLY helped my work load! I started tinkering around with a new formula that I had stumbled across in 'the soap makers forum'. In the spirit of keeping my soaps completely all natural, means the use of essential oils, for fragrance, true aromatherapy at work, we all gotta love that! But it also meant I was going to have to start really applying myself to the basic fundimentls of soap making, stop being such a ridged soap maker and start spreading my wings and having some fun with the whole experience. Fun is what I started to do! My first venture was to the store, to buy me some goats milk, yeah I know not too adventerous there, people make goats milk soap all the time..... Well, hold on I'm not done explainig yet! Along with the goats milk, I purchased a huge tub of Whole Fat Plain Yogurt! Yep you heard me! I wanted to start to make me some Yogurt soaps! Now I have read that using yogurt as a mask on your face is an excellent way to get rid of that old skin since the nzymes in yogurt eat away at the old dead skin on our face. WHELLA! A new soap was born! Goats Milk and Yogurt soap, what an experience that was to make, it ws fun! the soaps fel good, I mean silky smooth good!, these bars are rock hard long lasting bars of soap that are so silky smooth going on your skin and even silkier after you rinse them off, I have never felt so good after taking a bath! These bars are so nice, no milky smell, just plain smooth skin, no dyes, no fake fragrance to hamper that wonderful skin feel, pure soap that is incredibly smooth and soothing to my skin! Well, do yu think I could stop there? Heck no! I went onto to making a batch of soap out of pumpkin puree and goats milk, I started looking all around my kitchen for things to make soap out of, FINALLY THE JOY OF SOAP MAKING HAD COME BACK! I got real courgous one afternoon and took a cucumber, yep a cucumber fresh from the garden! peeled it, hold on I'm not done...... finely ground some organic oats and made soap out of a pureed fresh cucumber, then while I still could I took it one step further and added the finally ground oats to the whole mix. What I got back I honestly never expected! This bar is SO SKIN SOOTHING! You know how good your eyes feel after you have had the opportunity to slice a few cucumbers up and place them over your eyes....... now take that feeling and spread it ALL OVER YOUR WHOLE BODY! Yeah!!!!!! This bar has no hear me NO FRAGRANCE OILS OR ESSENTINIAL OILS OF ANY TYPE IN IT! Why did I not fragrance it? Simple, why alter an already perfect bar of soap? This soap ANYONE can use! It is that mild! My pumpkin soap is incredible also, turned out amazing! So soft and soothing feeling on my skin, pumpkin is excellent for aged and sun damamged skin, packed full of betacarotine, and lots of vitamin A, this is one bar your face will be begging you for. You can rest assured that there is no yeah that's right NO FRAGRANCE OR ESSENTIAL OILS IN THIS BAR EITHER, one smell and your nose will tell you, 'IT'S THE REAL DEAL', smells just like REAL pumpkin pie, I added some of the pumpkin pie spices to the mix to help. My son nearly ate the bar, yeah he is a die hard pumpkin fan! This abe is going to be your favorite this winter, and our skin is going to thank you for this bar also! Totally new venture to my soap making venue, 'GRANDPA'S OLD FASHIONED SOAP'! Now you are probably thinking, yeah yeah, handmade soaps are the 'old fashioned soaps' but this one ws created because I wanted to remind my grandfather and grandmother of their childhood. I used lard in these, yeah I know what your going to say here, ewwwwwwwwwww..... But did you know that lard is the oldest way of making soap! Not to mention Lard is very good for your skin! Now I know most all of you are going to say ew! still, and that is okay! But most of you like the way Goats milk feels on your skin, and a lot of you are going to like the way yogurt feels on your skin in a bar soap, why not lard too? Is it because you only use vegan? If you use goats milk or yogurt in soap your not using a 'vegan' soap anyhow, it is still animal fat based, oh and that is the kicker, the animal fat is what makes all of these soaps so incredible feeling on you skin, it is what leaves your skin feeling 'Oh, So Soft!' All I have to say is, next week I am making a batch of Banana Split Soap, 3 layers..... one layer of chocolate & cocoa butter soap, the next layer of strawberry pureed soap, then a layer of pureed banana's soap to top it off...... come and look for it the second week of November, just in time for the Holidays!

1 comment:

What are your thoughts?